SemStats 2015 Program
- Document ID
- CC BY 4.0
- 3rd International Workshop on Semantic Statistics co-located with 14th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2015)
- Bethlehem, U.S.
- 09:00-09:15: Welcome
- 09:15-10:00: Keynote: Oscar Corcho (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)
Linked Statistical Data: does it actually pay off?
The release of the W3C RDF Data Cube recommendation was a significant milestone towards improving the maturity of the area of Linked Statistical Data. Many Data Cube-based datasets have been released since then. Tools for the generation and exploitation of such datasets have also appeared. While the benefits for the usage of RDF Data Cube and the generation of Linked Data in this area seem to be clear, there are still many challenges associated to the generation and exploitation of such data. In this talk we will reflect about them, based on our experience on generating and exploiting such type of data, and hopefully provoke some discussion about what the next steps should be.
- Linked Statistical Data: does it actually pay off?
- 10:30-11:00: Coffee Break
- 12:30-14:00: Lunch
- 15:30-16:00: Coffee Break
- 17:00-17:30: Community Group + wrap-up